Select Ready Mix – Decatur
Ready Mix Driver
Ready Mix Drivers will deliver concrete to job sites following safety and operational guidelines. Our goal is to maintain the highest quality of service for our customers, that means checking concrete for quality and size according to work tickets and maintaining a courteous customer relationship.
- Deliver Ready Mix Concrete to the customer in a timely manner
- Maintain vehicle in a clean, organized, and safe fashion
- Perform minor roadside repairs
- Visually inspect mix, slump and verify load size
- Ensure customer receives requested product in a timely manner
- Work with customer to high level of customer service
- Work closely with dispatch to ensure quickest and safest routes to jobs
- Assemble concrete chutes and operate chute controls during the pour
- Wash out mixer after every load
- Assist other company employees as needed
- All other duties as assigned
- Observe all safety precautions and rules specified by federal, state, and company regulations including but not limited to; wearing proper safety gear, attending safety meetings, perform pre-trip inspection, complete vehicle inspection reports, and report unsafe conditions and accidents.
Location: The Ready Mix Driver position will be based out of Decatur, TX.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) preferred
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License, Class A or B
- Proficient reading, writing, and math skills
- Good driving record operating a Commercial vehicle
- Valid medical card
- Solid attendance and punctuality history
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to lift and assemble concrete chutes weighing 60 pounds
Select Ready Mix is a Drug Free workplace.